Thursday, January 25, 2018

What type of Acrylic Paper should I use?

I have painted since 2004. I have tried many painting supplies as an Artist and an Acrylic Painting Instructor.  I think Acrylic painting paper must be a heavyweight paper, at least 140lb. If you purchase a thin multipurpose paper it might curl or distort when you paint on it. I have had paper buckle when I try to tape it down to paint on it. If you buy thin canvas paper I found it to be difficult to work with when using Acrylic Paints. I have tried watercolor paper, it is dry and absorbs acrylic paint quickly.  I like the 140 lb. Strathmore Acrylic paper in 2017 a good price is under $8. for a tablet of 10 8 1/2 x 11. Please visit http://www.dkboljat.com/painting-classes.html to see more information about my Acrylic Painting Classes as well as check out my paintings for sale http://www.dkboljat.com/original-paintings.html. The acrylic paper does not ever require gesso, like canvas and wood, does before painting. The front of the paper, the side you paint on is usually more textured. The back side of the paper is usually smooth. If you paint with Acrylic paints, I would love to hear what your favorite Acrylic paper is and why. I hope this has been helpful to you as you search for what kind of paper to paint on!
Example of rippled/distorted paper.
                              
                            Please visit and like my Facebook page as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment