Thursday, February 8, 2018

Complimentary Colors in my paintings.


  • As an Artist and Acrylic Painting Instructor, I love painting color! I really enjoy mixing colors too. I like to use Complimentary Colors in my paintings because the visual contrast is visually intense and they just happen in nature. In Spring flowers bloom and you see examples of Complementary Colors. For Artists, they are found directly opposite each other on a Basic Color Wheel. One color is cool the opposite color is warm.  One example of complementary colors would be Red and Green. You see this at Christmas time, red and green decorations everywhere. When Red and Green are mixed together you can make Brown. 
  • Examples of Complementary Colors are... 
  • Cool    /  Warm
  • Violet  /  Yellow
  • Green /  Red 
  • Blue   /  Orange
  • Each pair contains combinations of three Primary colors. Mixing Complementary Colors neutralizes them, making them less brilliant or completely changing them to a different color. When Complementary Colors are placed next to each other, the result visually is simultaneous contrast. I am an Acrylic Painting Teacher in Sherwood Oregon. To see more about my Acrylic Painting Classes please visit D.K.Boljat's Painting Classes.


No comments:

Post a Comment