Friday, January 19, 2018

When are you an Artist?

I have had people say, as they are painting, "I'm just not an Artist". So I looked up the definition of an Artist. Did you know a skilled surgeon can be an artist? You're a visual artist when you create or practice creating art. If you take a photo or draw a picture you are an artist. Take as many Painting Lessons as you can until you are able to create artwork you are ok with. The more you practice the better you get.
Now if you sell a painting that makes you a professional artist. If you don't ever sell your work you can still be an artist by creating art. I paint and teach Acrylic Painting Classes in Sherwood Oregon. I am a professional artist. I think it is encouraging for a new artist to hear that they are already an artist, it might take some of the pressure off that some people feel to achieve instant perfection. I am an Art Instructor and teach Painting Classes in Sherwood Oregon. You can see more information http://www.dkboljat.com/painting-classes.html as well as Paintings I have for sale http://www.dkboljat.com/home.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment