Tuesday, January 9, 2018

What Subject should I paint?

If you are an artist, do you ever dwell on what you should paint next? So much so that you cannot even start? Maybe you are concerned that it won't sell, or that you need to paint something that is trending. I do have an opinion on this topic. What has worked for me in my career as an artist is... I paint what I feel driven to paint unless I am working on a commission or prepping a painting for an Acrylic painting class I'm teaching. I am an art instructor and teach acrylic painting classes. I will occasionally see subjects or think of something in my imagination and then have a desire to recreate this beauty I see. As you progress you will recreate what you see, and others will see the beauty you see, in your art. I was inspired to recreate the beauty of Crater Lake, Oregon.
Crate Lake Oregon, (Seven Wonders Of Oregon Series) Artist D.K.Boljat
 Most will be a challenge and therefore fun for me to have success recreating it. I take photos of the subject and then start painting it. This is not a hobby, but a passion. This works great because you are painting. Regardless of whether anyone else will buy it, paint what you like, challenge yourself to create. See my paintings for sale as well as my acrylic painting lessons at DKBoljat.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment